Department: Product Development
Opera Software is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Opera for Android team in Göteborg, Sweden.
The ideal candidate should have solid knowledge of mobile platforms and web technologies, as well as good programming and analytical skills. You need a keen eye for detail and an analytical frame of mind – a problem solver. You will work closely with developers and other QAs to ensure that we continue to release products of great quality.
At Opera Software, we make web browsers for computers, tablets, and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create products and services to bring the whole world online. Opera has over 350 million users worldwide.
Opera for Android is based on the open-source Chromium code. We are digging deep into the inner workings of Blink and Chromium, implementing and contributing to new web standards, and tweaking and optimizing a massive codebase to behave well on any Android device. On top of that, we are adding our own unique features and a beautiful interface, constantly striving to improve and innovate the mobile browsing experience even further.
- Report and update new issues found during daily ad-hoc, on-device testing.
- Maintain a good overall understanding of the product to identify regression scopes and find weaknesses in a given solution quickly.
- Organize and prioritize release testing within a limited amount of time to ensure maximum quality.
- Work closely with developers on feature development and provide adequate feedback.
- Write test cases (both manual and scripted) for new and existing features.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven and able to take initiative.
- Experience with quality assurance and software or product testing.
- Great multitasking skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills.
Ideal job requirements
- Experience with mobile platforms such as Android.
- Experience with Android test automation.
- Solid Python skills and Linux.
Please attach both cover letter and resume to be considered!