Department: Product Development
We are looking for a passionate and engaged Visual Designer with experience in interaction design to join our UX team. The team is part of the Opera for Android department in Gothenburg. This department builds one of our flagship products, the Android browser, with more than 100 million downloads across the world.
As part of the UX team you will design and deliver the next generation of our mobile products. We are creating beautiful user interfaces on Android while constantly striving to innovate and improve the browsing experience even further.
As a Visual Designer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design and engineering teams to translate concepts into living, breathing applications. You will craft visual styles, animations and subtle details to deliver the perfect user experience. When needed, you will support our marketing team to create design work.
If you’re looking for a fun place to work and have an interest in the mobile industry, then Opera is the place for you!
- Deliver innovative, engaging mobile app designs, including visual mockups, assets and specifications
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Be able to take initiative and to be creative and curious
- Communicate and collaborate with other cross-functional teammates
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Assist engineers with final development of Opera products
- BS degree in design or a related field, or demonstrated design knowledge in equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing mobile applications for Android
- An understanding of the Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) for Android
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- An understanding of user-centred design process, methodologies and principles of usability
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Portfolio required for candidates
- Interaction design skill is a plus, e.g., wireframing, task flows, information architecture, etc.
- Prototyping and scripting
- Motion design
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create products and services which bring the whole world online. Opera has over 350 million users worldwide.
This is a full-time, temporary employment spanning 6 months, starting as soon as possible. For the ideal candidate, we hope to be able to transfer the employment into a permanent contract.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Please attach both cover letter and CV to be considered!