Department: Product Development
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Opera Mini team in Linköping. Opera Mini, with its 250 million users, was born and created in the Linköping office.
The ideal candidate should have solid knowledge of mobile platforms and web technologies, but also a keen eye for detail and an analytical frame of mind. You will cooperate closely with developers to ensure that we continue to release products of great quality.
As a QA Engineer in the Opera Mini team, you get to test our product on a wide range of Android devices, from the latest and hottest to cheaper phones with small screens. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved given the user’s network and device capabilities, and you will help us ensure that the user gets the best possible browsing experience.
- Report relevant bugs during daily ad-hoc testing on mobile devices
- Maintain a good overall understanding of the product to identify regression scopes and find weaknesses in a solution quickly
- Organize and prioritize release testing within a limited amount of time to ensure maximum quality
- Create test cases (both manual and scripted) for new and existing features
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven and able to take initiative
- Experience with quality assurance and software or product testing
- Experience with mobile platforms such as Android
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, and good communication skills
- Experience with test automation
- Solid knowledge of web technologies like HTML, CSS and HTTP
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create products and services which bring the whole world online. Opera has over 350 million users worldwide.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Please attach both cover letter and resume to be considered!