Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all payroll updates and employee data for US division, while directly supporting multiple areas in payroll-related requests. The Payroll Specialist is the primary contact for all payroll inquiries and requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and excellent customer service support skills. The successful candidate will respond to frequent and urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing, and payroll policy matters.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of payroll processing ensuring the processes are running effectively and accurately.
- Perform payroll processing activities, including compute wage and overtime payments, calculate and record involuntary and voluntary deductions, process terminations and determining appropriate state and local income/unemployment taxation, and calculate compensation for disability / leaver exposure.
- Prepare accounting journal entries to record regular and off-cycle salaries, bonus & commission payments and net vacation activity (PTO accruals & usage). Reconcile accrued vacation and other salary related GL accounts. Perform fluctuation analysis to explain monthly activities of GL accounts used to book payroll transactions.
- Review, interpret and maintain garnishments, levies and child support orders in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Review, audit, reconcile and correct/update payroll prior to transmission to ensure proper pay calculations, tax calculations, and general ledger/treasury processes are performed completely, accurately and in compliance with company policy, federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintaining related records and reports and prepare ad hoc reports for management; in response to audit and in support of day to day requests.
- Define standard operating procedures and continuous improvement opportunities for the group.
- Manage year-end payroll processes: company specific activities, compliance activities, year-audits, W-2 audits, W-2 processing and distribution.
- Complete other adhoc tasks assigned by manager or other finance leads
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent years of related work experience
- 3-5 years of payroll processing and administrative experience
- Experience with Workday and ADP is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel (Vlookup & pivot table) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills, including strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well in teams to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to learn processes quickly for more efficient and effective results
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments