Sales Director, East
Sales Director, East
New York, NY
Opera Mediaworks is the largest mobile advertising and marketing platform in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives. To learn more, visit www.operamediaworks.com.
Opera Mediaworks is hiring a Sales Director to sell mobile advertising to both clients and agencies in the East region. This person will be a dynamic sales executive looking to help continue our rapid growth and leadership position in the mobile advertising space.
The ideal candidate will have experience in selling mobile advertising to interactive agencies and to brands directly. This particular role will focus on top brands in the CPG space and their respective agencies. An extensive digital advertising background is a huge plus. Candidates must have excellent existing relationships with ad agencies and major clients that they can rely on as part of the Opera team.
- Selling mobile advertising inventory and solutions across Opera Mediaworks’ network
- Evangelize and prospect into ad agencies, top tier advertisers and Fortune 500 companies
- Coordinate with Sales Ops to oversee proper execution of campaigns and insure alignment with customer objectives
- Forecast, track and report sales performance
- Drive new revenue generation via lead qualification and prospecting
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Travel to agencies and clients throughout territory
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5+ years advertising experience working with interactive advertising agencies, search agencies or Fortune 500 companies in sales or account management
- Must have an extensive internet-based advertising background
- Must be a self-starter, articulate and possess excellent presentation, phone and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other web based resources
- Strong communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to build interdepartmental relationships
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or business