Backend / Python Developer / Big Data team
Department: Product Development
Want to work with really Big Data?
Opera’s petabyte-scale data is stored on hundreds of servers. This anonymized data helps us decide how to improve our products, for over 350 million users globally. Are you interested in joining the team that is responsible for developing, enhancing, maintaining and optimizing the platform used to make key strategic decisions about Opera products and marketing?
We are an open, collaborative, multicultural team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Build the service for gathering data from Opera’s applications
- Build automation tools
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Help to operate entire platform
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and performant code
- Good understanding of web-server software and configuration (Apache, nginx, SSL certificate handling, etc.)
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with Big Data concepts and tools(Google Pub Sub / Apache Kafka / Apache Beam / Apache Spark / Map Reduce)
- Knowledge of Java
- Experience of monitoring solutions (Nagios, Grafana, InfluxDB, Google Stackdriver)
- Experience with distributed systems and/or parallel processing