Technical Account Manager
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Technical Account Manager
New York, NY
Opera Mediaworks is one of the largest mobile advertising and marketing platforms in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives.
Opera Mediaworks is hiring a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join our growing programmatic team in New York, NY. This TAM will master our platform capabilities while developing and maintaining relationships with our Demand Side Platform (DSP) and Agency Trading Desk (ATD) partners to ensure seamless integration, campaign planning, and programmatic direct campaign completion. Additionally, he/she will set up, optimize, and successful deliver Deal-ID based campaigns.
The TAM will maintain full ownership and will serve in a proactive advisory role in monitoring, tracking, and delivering programmatic executions, including assessing performance and optimizing accordingly. This role will also lead troubleshooting for various technical issues that may arise with the demand partners while championing the platform capabilities. Ideal candidates will be able to problem solve and work well with 3rd party clients and internal divisions across Engineering, Product, Sales and Operations.
The TAM will report to our Senior Director of Client Services who is based in San Mateo, CA.
- Lead implementations and integrations for a variety of Opera’s products during pre-sales and post-sales process
- Provide end-to-end support to our Demand partners, and become an advisory POC
- Create and implement processes to manage client direct relationships, and produce both internal & external reporting
- Validate the end-to-end flow of bid events, win notification, and impression tracking for programmatic buyers
- Create technical documents to document new development and best practices
- Evangelize and communicate the value proposition of various programs and provide solutions to technical concepts
- Manager the fully life cycle of a Programmatic executions
- Manage the technical DSP relationships of top tier buyers
- 3+ years of experience in campaign/account management and/or technical support
- Knowledge of, or experience overseeing RTB campaigns and bidder integrations
- Technical understanding of RTB specs & associated interactions between an exchange and its bidders
- Familiarity with various video ad serving protocols such as VAST
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to communicate in simple language to our partners
- Strong project management skills and close attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter, with solid customer service experience and a consultative mind-set
- Working knowledge and experience with HTML, MySQL – ability to troubleshoot and drive resolution from ad calls and responses
- Graduate degree in software engineering, business, or other related field is preferred