Upgrade: Opera releases Opera Mobile 8.65 for Symbian S60
Oslo, Norway - September 1, 2006
Opera Software today released OperaMobile 8.65 for Symbian S60, an upgrade to the popular Opera Mobileâ„¢browser for smartphones running on the S60 platform. The upgrade offersfull compatibility with the latest S60 phones, including the new NokiaE70, N73 and N93. Opera Mobileâ„¢ 8.65 is available fromwww.opera.com/mobile.
With more people being introduced to the Opera mobile browsers everyday, Opera is committed to making mobile browsing as easy as possiblewhile maintaining the advanced functionality enjoyed by the moreexperienced users.
New in Opera Mobileâ„¢:
- Improved start page that makes it easier to enter a Web address and godirectly to your most frequently visited Web pages.
- More intuitive text entering into form fields on Web pages. Simplystart typing as soon as the form field has the focus, with no need toclick first.
- The behaviour of shortcut keys has been changed to avoid confusionwhen users accidentally press the wrong key. By default, OperaMobileâ„¢ 8.65 has a two-key version of shortcut keys, where you press# + key. If you are a shortcut keys fan, you can still go back toone-key mode in settings.
- More content on the screen: With 8.65 the size of the user interfacehas been reduced to make more room for the Web page content. Naturally,you can still select Full Screen mode.
- Advanced users will enjoy the "pencil key" + joystick to go Pageleft/right/up/down in desktop mode, or customizing the keyboard to havethese as shortcut keys. Zoom in/Zoom out is now also available asshortcut keys.
Opera Mobileâ„¢ 8.65 is available as a download fromwww.opera.com/mobile.
It comes with a 30-day free trial.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined Web browsing for PCs, mobile phones andother networked devices. Opera's cross-platform Web browser technologyis renowned for its small size, performance and standards-compliance,while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience.Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around theworld. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the tickersymbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.
PR Manager, Mobile
Tel: +47 24 16 42 13
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.