Smooth surfing: Introducing the Opera Mobile 8.60 Web browser for Series 60
Oslo, Norway - May 4, 2006
Opera Software today announced Opera Mobile 8.60, its proven mobile browser for Symbian Series 60 (S60) mobile phones. With this new release, Opera is offering its most complete and easy-to-use mobile browser to date. Opera Mobile 8.60 for S60 is designed to let users interact more effectively with the Web on their phone, and includes new features to speed up the user interaction through auto-completion of Web addresses and passwords, page toggling and smooth scrolling.
Opera Mobile 8.60 for S60 is designed for the new Symbian 9, S60 3rd Edition phones, featured on handsets such as the Nokia 3250, N91, N80, N71, E60, E61 and E71. It also supports all current Symbian S60 2nd Edition mobile devices.
"We need to offer users a convenient and customizable command of the Web while away from their desk," said Roger Carlhammar, EVP, Opera Mobile. "Therefore, improving the user-friendliness by focusing on the user experience is a requirement for making the mobile Web a mass-market reality. Opera Mobile 8.60 delivers those features within the familiar Symbian S60 framework and layout."
A user-friendly experience is also about being able to select how pages are displayed on a small screen. Users can surf with Opera's acclaimed Small-Screen Rendering (SSR) technology, which refits Web pages to the width of the mobile screen, or select desktop mode to view the page to look like it would on a PC, with the ability to zoom in and out.
Highlights of Opera Mobile 8.60
- Symbian 9, S60 3rd Edition compatible
- Auto-completion for URL entry
- Password manager for easy logins
- New and improved smooth scrolling
- Updated user interface with new skin
- Open and toggle up to four windows, each with separate settings for zoom levels and display options
- Read and bookmark newsfeeds
- Send images as MMS or save to phone gallery
- Opera Mobile 8.60 for Series 60 is available for download from the mobile products page http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/products/s60/.
- For handset manufacturers and operators, Opera 8.6 features enhanced customization options that allow for seamless phone integration. With Opera's mobile browser, operators can offer their subscribers advanced mobile services and an unparalleled mobile Internet experience on the wide range of mobile phones based on Symbian S60.
- Complete list of updates and changes in Opera Mobile 8.60: http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/mobile/series60/.
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://blogs.opera.com/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.