Operaâ€™s mobile advertising report reveals latest global monetization trends
San Mateo, CA and Oslo, Norway - July 19, 2012
Opera Software today launched its first State of Mobile Advertising report, which highlights key data and trends in mobile advertising worldwide. The report will share finds from the perspective of the world's leading mobile ad platform, using data mined from the global network of 35 billion+ ad impressions and driving over $240 million in revenue to mobile publishers in 2011.
The findings of the report are being unveiled today by Mahi de Silva, EVP of Consumer Mobile for Opera at his opening keynote at Mobile + Web DevCon in San Francisco, with a presentation on "The State of Mobile Advertising".
Among the findings:
- iOS rules the roost. The average eCPM (effective cost per thousand impressions) on iPhone is $2.85, followed by Android at $2.10; Windows Phone is last at $0.20 eCPM.
- Rich media delivers. Rich media ads, especially those that leverage the capabilities of more sophisticated mobile devices, drive CTR (click-through rates) and better customer engagement.
- Business & Finance is the top revenue category. It generates more revenue per impression than any other category.
- Using just one ad network won"t cut it. Performance varies significantly over very short periods of time, so publishers and advertisers that don't use a strategic mix of networks won"t maximize their profit and reach.
In addition to the special focus on monetization patterns and trends, the report also includes key insights for advertisers, such as:
- How device adoption among demographic groups impacts media buying strategy
- Why mobile landing pages could soon be obsolete
- 5 traits to look for when choosing a mobile ad network
To read the full report, go to www.opera.com/sma/.
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://blogs.opera.com/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.