What the users want, the users get: New My Opera Community site released
Oslo, Norway - March 8, 2007
Today Opera Software unveiled its new and improved My Opera Community, an online oasis where users can blog, sharephotos, chat and make friends. My Opera is a free service that features afreshly re-designed user interface and is now specially optimized forsurfing from not only the PC, but Wii, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile as well.
As My Opera is easily accessible from Opera-Powered devices, Opera ensuresthe same community experience cross-device. My Opera makes it simple tobrowse photo albums, post blog entries or message friends from theconvenience of any platform.
"The Opera Mini integration with My Opera is one of my biggest reasons forusing it," says Yojimbo, a My Opera member and aviation student. "A fewclicks and I've let the whole world know what I'm up to, wherever I am,even while 6,000 feet off the ground."
In addition, My Opera Community allows users to quickly find friends andget to know others with the recently added "People" section. By clickingon People, users are directed to a profile page highlighting members andwhat they're talking about.
"The launch of the new My Opera is a testament to our users, telling themthat we are listening," says Jon von Tetzchner, CEO for Opera Software."We want this community to be less about Opera and more about theindividuals that comprise My Opera. Our intention is to provide a servicethat is for the users and driven by the ever-increasing number of users,and we feel that we've taken the first step with this launch."
My Opera features explained:
- People - Meet the Opera Community in the "People" section. Check out the latest logged-in users, or search for members by their usernames.
- Blogging - Create your own blog, read a blog or "spotlight" other bloggers in the community with My Opera's free blogging service.
- Photo blogging - Snap a picture with your camera phone and upload it instantly to your My Opera page using Opera Mini.
- My Opera and your device - My Opera is optimized for any device running the Opera browser. Access the same exciting community features from your phone, Nintendo DS, Wii or other Opera-Powered device.
- Groups - Meet people with similar interests and start a group. Create a shared blog or photo album with your new found friends.
- Photo albums - Upload photos to your My Opera page and create multiple photo albums for any occasion. Store up to 300 mb of your favorite pictures.
- Widgets - My Opera is the world's first community site to include automatic support for Widgets, which are small, fun Web applications that help you personalize your browsing experience.
How to join My Opera
Go to my.opera.com and select "Sign up now". Simply choose your usernameand password to register. You will receive an e-mail verifying youraccount activation. Just click the link in the e-mail and start blogging!
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.