KongZhong-Opera 4.0 launches
Brings 3G-like experience to Chinese consumers
July 8, 2009, Beijing, China
Opera Software ASA and Kong.net today jointly launched KongZhong-Opera 4.0 in China. The new mobile browser, based on the world's most popular mobile browser, Opera Mini 4.2, not only greatly improves the page-loading speed and overall performance, but also includes many fascinating features such as a multiple-tabbed startpage, advanced night mode and changeable skin. KongZhong-Opera 4.0 enables Chinese mobile users to enjoy a 3G-like experience even in a 2G environment.
Thanks to an upgrade in the servers, the new version of KongZhong-Opera possesses a faster loading speed, as well as improved rendering quality than the previous version.
With Opera's industry leading data-compression technology, the new KongZhong-Opera 4.0 saves users" consumption of data up to 90%.KongZhong-Opera 4.0 has a brand new UI, well suited to the preferences of Chinese users.
- Faster start time: KongZhong-Opera 4.0 loads a local startpage instead of a remote page when starting up, reducing total startup time.
- Automatic update of startpage: Users will enjoy the always up-to-date startpage, since its content is automatically updated.
- Advanced night mode: KongZhong-Opera 4.0 enables advanced night mode.
- Improved monthly data statistics report: Users can easily monitor the data consumption status.
- Preload support: This feature enables dynamic discovering of "next" page and auto-preload. This function is particularly useful to online e-book readers.
- Optimized cmwap/cmnet connection: KongZhong-Opera improves the cmwap/cmnet connection when surfing the Internet and enables fluid switching between the two access modes.
- Digital-key navigation support: Allow users to set the preference to a numeric keypad for navigation, instead of using a 4-way joystick.
- Changeable skin: Users can change the skin at will.
Also, KongZhong-Opera 4.0 optimizes a number of popular functions derived from earlier versions, such as automatic address completion, Opera Link, upload/download, page save and offline browsing.
Opera and Kong.net co-launched KongZhong-Opera 1.0 in July 2007. Since then, the mobile browser, combining Opera's advanced technology and Kong.net's huge user base, have drawn massive downloads and usage and soon become one of the most popular mobile browsers in China. To meet the continuously increasing needs of users, the two companies decided to strengthen cooperation, resulting in the launching of KongZhong-opera 2.0 and 3.0, which also won love from users. The new KongZhong-Opera 4.0 is a further update of the popular browser.
"As China is walking into the 3G era, we believe this browser that combines Opera's world leading mobile browsing technology and Kong.net's years of mobile Internet experience in China will provide Chinese mobile users with better mobile browsing," said Li Yang, Kong.ent vice president.
"China is one of our most important markets," Song Lin, Opera China's General Manager, said, "We are looking forward to working with more excellent Chinese companies like Kong.net to bring the best browsing experience to Chinese consumers."
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://blogs.opera.com/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.