You have never experienced the Web like this
Opera Unite now available in new beta release of Opera 10.10
Oslo, Norway - October 14, 2009
Opera Software today released the beta version of Opera Unite, available in Opera 10.10 beta. Opera Unite is a novel technology platform that shakes up the old client-server computing model of the Web. Opera Unite turns any computer into both a client and a server, allowing it to interact with and serve content to other computers directly across the Web. Download Opera 10.10 beta from http://www.opera.com/browser/next/.
You have never created applications like this
Opera 10.10 beta includes the following Opera Unite applications for you to try:
Create instant Web photo galleries from your PC.
Chat live with your friends in My Opera.
Share a file from your personal computer without having to upload it.
Turn your Opera browser into an instant Web server that hosts your Web sites directly from your computer.
Stream your entire music catalog from anywhere, instantly, using any Web browser.
Post a note on your friends" virtual refrigerators.
More applications are available from http://unite.opera.com/.
"You have never enjoyed music like this"
You have used a media player, but have you tried an Opera Unite media player? See a band use Opera Unite to teach an old media player new tricks, such as streaming their newly recorded songs, instantly and directly, from their computer to a Facebook friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eak_o_1Kzd0
What we say
"We invite developers all over the world to use their creativity and imagination to push the boundaries of what is possible with Opera Unite," said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera. "We are moving closer to our goal of reinventing the Web and are excited to see Opera Unite continue to evolve in powerful and compelling ways."
It is easy to use Opera Unite:
- Download the Opera 10.10 beta with Opera Unite from http://www.opera.com/browser/next/.
- To start Opera Unite, click the Opera Unite button in the lower left-hand corner of the browser and log in with your existing Opera ID - the same Opera ID used for other Opera services such as My Opera and Opera Link. Opera Unite will prompt you to register an Opera ID if you do not have one.
- Now you are ready to use Opera Unite. Simply access your Opera Unite applications from the Opera Unite panel of the browser.
- New applications can be installed from http://unite.opera.com/.
- Running an application will give you a direct Web address to the Opera Unite application on your device, for example: http://[notebook].[username].operaunite.com/[media_player]/, where [notebook] is the name of the local device serving content, [username] is your username, and [media_player] is the Web application being accessed. This link will also allow others to access the same Web application from your computer through their Web browser.
The FAQ answers the most common questions about Opera Unite: http://unite.opera.com/support/#general
Find out more:
With two decades of history, Opera has grown up, side-by-side, with the internet. From browsers, data managing and security apps, to news apps, we connect more than 350 million users and industry partners to the internet, giving more experiences, more data, more money saved, more ideas, more control, more content, and more of what they like. Opera AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.