What is faster than the fastest?
Opera 10.60 in final version, faster and more secure than ever
Oslo, Norway - July 1, 2010
Today you can experience being the first on the Web in features, speed and innovation. Opera Software releases the final version of the 10.60 browser with several new features, more user security and enhanced stability and is now up to 50 percent faster than the previous version.
Join the movement
With more than 120 million active users surfing the Web on various Opera-powered devices, Opera seeks to provide the latest innovations to all web users. In Opera 10.60, the up and coming technologies forming the Web of tomorrow are already available.
Geolocation eases the work of putting you on the map by determining your position. To ensure your privacy, you have full control over when this feature is used. To showcase geolocation in action, Opera has created an interactive map to show real-time downloads of the Opera browser. Try it out here.
Opera is first to give you built-in video playback with the open WebM format that gives you optimized video right in the browser on all platforms. Other Opera features such as offline applications let you work using web-based applications, without Internet connectivity.
Go into overdrive
Combined with its unique Opera Turbo functionality, Opera puts you one step ahead on the Web. Opera Turbo compresses the data going over your connection up to a factor of two or more, for those congested connections at cafÃ©s or a mobile connection at the summerhouse.
Other features included in Opera, such as mouse gestures, make you a more efficient user when browsing the Web and cuts down time spent on navigating between different webpages. Extensive built-in search functions give you quick and powerful searches both on the Web and in large webpages.
Stay secure, use Opera
Staying secure on the Web is easier than ever with the unsurpassed AVG-supported anti-fraud systems and phishing protection introduced in Opera 10.60. Live feeds supply fresh information on the latest web threats to the users and keep them in the know about potential malware, harm or scams. In certain regions, Yandex supplies user malware protection.
- Appcache: Use in-browser applications such as word processors and spreadsheets even without an Internet connection by storing the necessary files locally.
- More search: Opera 10.60 includes several search engines for the user to choose for themselves. Opera has added the Bing search engine as one of the choices, in addition to the default Google search.
- Search suggestions: With websites such as Wikipedia, get instant search suggestions to complement your search experience.
- Improved design: New design features such as an improved Menu button and icon tabs make day-to-day use of Opera even faster and easier. With the Speed Dial, another Opera first, get to your favorite websites with just a single click of the mouse.
For more information and to download Opera please visit http://www.opera.com/browser/.
- Opera 10.60 including: Mac and Windows screenshots, logos and icon
- Opera 10.60 video WebM
- Opera 10.60 video You Tube
Find out more:
With two decades of history, Opera has grown up, side-by-side, with the internet. From browsers, data managing and security apps, to news apps, we connect more than 350 million users and industry partners to the internet, giving more experiences, more data, more money saved, more ideas, more control, more content, and more of what they like. Opera AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.