The gift that changes everything: A new browser
Opera 11.60 satisfies holiday techno-lust
Oslo, Norway - December 6, 2011
Just in time for the holiday season, Opera Software is proud to release Opera 11.60, the newest version of Opera's desktop browser. Almost 50% of the world's population has never tried a new browser - people in your own town, maybe even someone you know. Why not help them discover something better this year? A new browser is a gift that keeps giving all year round.
"It's better to give than to receive, so why not give that special someone a new browser," says Jan Standal, VP of desktop products at Opera Software. "People spend more time working with their browser than they do with their car, so it makes sense to shop around and consider their options. If your best friend drove a Yugo, you"d help them find something else, right?"
Using yet another clever car analogy, Standal continues: "If we were a car, this browser would be an extremely potent, yet comfortable, four-by-four. Sleek and stylish, and with no CO2 emissions whatsoever. Your neighbors will envy you."
Millions of people have never stepped out of the comfort zone of their computer's default browser, so we produced a list of 10 reasons why now is the perfect time to move away from the boring browser that came with your computer and try something new, Opera perhaps.
- You clean everything to prepare for the holiday, why not your computer?
- No assembly required; it's all in the download package.
- It is free, a deal year-round, rather than a Black Friday doorbuster.
- Unlike socks, this fits everyone.
- We tried not to say it, so we misspelled it: IT"S FSAT.
- Justin Bieber doesn"t use it.
- It's supported by science since version 10 (at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYEUFwJXVvw.
- Your kids won"t wake you up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning; they"ll be too busy with the browser.
- See #6.
- Your current browser is so fat it can"t slide down the chimney.
Not convinced yet?
Four things to look forward to in Opera 11.60:
- Like it? Star it: Add your favorite sites to your Speed Dial by clicking the new Star button.
- You"ve got a new mail... client: Opera's email client has been redesigned to keep with the company's featherweight design aesthetic.
- Better compatibility for the Web: Opera includes the new HTML5 parsing algorithm which helps unify code discrepancies among browsers.
- Secure pages, faster: New network code establishes secure connections smarter, thus boosting speed on SSL sites.
For more fun, discover everything in Opera 11.60.
Take the next step
Try Opera 11.60 for your computer today. Download it from http://www.opera.com/.
Find out more:
Opera enables more than 350 million internet consumers worldwide to connect with the content and services that matter most to them. Opera also helps publishers monetize their content through advertising and advertisers reach the audiences that build value for their businesses, capitalizing on a global consumer audience reach that exceeds 1 billion.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.