Opera 5.12 for Windows in Korean
Opera introduces South Korea to even faster Internet browsing
Oslo, Norway - Sept. 10, 2001
Opera Software today released Opera 5.12 for Windows in Korean for the first time. The Opera Web browser, which has been internationally acclaimed for its speed, small size and flexibility, will now be available to all Koreans who use a Windows operating system with Korean fonts installed.
According to a monthly study released in August by the measurement service Nielsen/NetRatings, South Koreans are the world's most active Internet surfers, and the average South Korean surfer spent 19 hours and 20 minutes online in July. Of a South Korean Internet population of 22.3 million, 7 million are wired to a broadband network, and the rest enjoy a highly sophisticated telecommunications infrastructure.
"We are very excited to make Opera available to the world's most avid surfers," says Jon S. von Tetzchner, CEO of Opera Software ASA. "Spending so much time online, they can really appreciate the extreme speed and state-of-the-art features of the Opera Web browser."
Opera offers several benefits over its competitors for a better Internet experience:
- Fast rendering of pages. Opera is the fastest full-featured browser on the market today
- Easy keyboard and mouse navigation. Opera's easy keyboard shortcuts save time as well as benefit people with disabilities. The simple mouse gestures makes browsing a breeze
- Instant toggling of image and documents settings. For even faster browsing, images can be turned on/off with just the press of a key
- Multiple windows support. Inside Opera, users may browse in several windows at once, without straining system resources
- High quality Zooming. Opera users can zoom in on a page up to a 1000%, be it text or images
- Resume download. In the transfer window, downloads can be resumed if interrupted
- Integrated news, mail, search and Instant Messaging. In the search feature, users can easily migrate between the most popular search engines, and search for terms, domain names, music, Mp3s, images, video, audio, stock quotes, books or company information
- Small size. Opera is only a 1.95 MB download (Adding Java is a one-time 7 MB download) so updating to the latest version available is always fast and easy
The new Korean version is available for download at www.opera.com for free in an ad-sponsored version, or users can register their Opera for USD39 to omit the ads.
About Opera Software
Opera Software ASA is an industry leader in the development of Web browsersfor the desktop and device markets. The Opera browser has receivedinternational recognition from end-users and the industry press for beingfaster, smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers. OperaSoftware ASA is a privately held company headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Learnmore about Opera at www.opera.com.
Find out more:
Since its founding in 1996, Opera has been a pioneer in shaping the future of the internet. Providing faster and more innovative web browsers, Opera is the everyday browser of choice for more than 350 million people.
Opera Software AS is a privately held company and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Follow our news at http://blogs.opera.com/news/.
Opera is a trademark of Opera Software AS.