Senior Lab Engineer
- Mountain View, USA
Skyfire is looking for an experienced Engineer to setup customer environments within our carrier grade lab and then validate working solutions including functionality, scalability, performance and supportability. The Rocket Optimizer product relies upon various traffic steering elements within the carrier network to filter appropriate network and customer traffic for optimization in the cloud. As a result, we have created strategic partnerships with several intelligent routing and steering appliance leaders (f5, Procera, Contextream, and others) which requires interoperability testing and synchronized integration on both sides to perfect these highly-scalable network systems, in line with SDN and NFV principles.
- Coordinate with partners on problems
- Contribute input to Engineering, Operations and Product Management on development, deployment, and support of the developed solutions
- Work with engineering resources to see full resolution of customer impacting issues
- Trouble-shoot complex problems and issues
- Establish test plans and execute test cases, across all variations of partner equipment, call flow architectures and partner software versions
- Configure, provision and deploy these solutions within the lab
- Architect and design solutions
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self starter with the ability to assess complex technical requirements
- Sound knowledge of web browser technology and browser plug-ins
- SNMP knowledge along with other network monitoring and management concepts
- Scripting background in one or more of the following: shell, perl, tcl
- Working with hypervisors such as VMWare
- Familiarity with test tools such as IXIA or Spirent
- Extensive use of Wireshark, Tcpdump and other network analysis and debugging tools
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP and other network protocols together with network architectural concepts such as routing and load balancing
- Expert in network device configuration
- More than five years of Linux system experience
- Ability to analyze needed information and then document technical details
- Demonstrated experience in working with other technical teams to solving architecture, scaling, performance and functional issues
Ideal job requirements
- Familiarity with DPI products such as Procera or Sandvine
- Knowledge of f5 iRules
Please send resumes to https://www.jobscore.com/job_seeker/apply2/load_resume?job_id=b_IFre_jOr461teJe9fLhG.
Read more about Skyfire at www.skyfire.com.
Skyfire is dedicated to leveraging the power of cloud computing to radically improve the mobile Internet experience for both operators and their consumers.
Skyfire’s innovative, next-generation carrier cloud approach to mobile video and data optimization provides wireless operators with huge cost savings, elastic capacity, and the ability to surgically enhance quality of experience on a per-stream level. The company has also introduced the first mobile browser extension platform to enable robust contextual & social browsing, as well as enhanced monetization opportunities for operators.
The company currently counts 3 of the largest mobile operators in the world as customers for its Rocket Optimizer™ and Skyfire Horizon™ solutions. Skyfire has honed its video & data optimization and mobile monetization capabilities through a variety of top-selling consumer applications, which have more than 20 million worldwide downloads to date.
Skyfire was founded in 2007, and is located in Mountain View, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley and is now a part of Opera Software.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Skyfire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, medical condition, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Note to recruiters and recruitment agencies
Skyfire does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Skyfire will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed Skyfire Contingency Search Fee Agreement prior to the date of such submission. Skyfire shall not be liable for any payments to agencies for unsolicited submissions and the submitter should have no expectation of payment of any kind from Skyfire.