Application Engineer, OMP
- Opera Mediaworks
- San Mateo CA, USA
Opera Mediaworks is rapidly growing and looking to add a talented Application Engineer to our team in San Mateo, CA. This is a great opportunity to work for an established company while enjoying the thrills of a start-up. If you’re looking for a fun place to work and have an interest in being a part of the rise of the mobile advertising industry, then Opera Mediaworks is the place for you!
Opera Mediaworks is the world’s largest mobile advertising platform, helping to power the global mobile economy. We operate the world’s largest brand-focused mobile ad network, serving 23 of the 25 top global brands. We also deliver the world's leading mobile ad server and monetization tools to 17 of the top 25 media companies worldwide. Each month we serve 65 billion ad impressions and reach 500 million monthly unique consumers across more than 14,000 mobile sites and apps. Our mission is to deliver relevance in the medium where it matters most -- on mobile devices.
Opera Mediaworks, headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices across the US and internationally, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Opera Software ASA, which is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera Mediaworks at www.operamediaworks.com.
- First level support for tickets coming in from customers and partners
- Analyzing system logs on servers running in a cluster setup
- Troubleshooting problems on mobile devices, desktop web browsers and 3rd party applications.
- Reproducing, filing, and verifying bugs.
- Analyzing reports, discrepancies, and any illogical counting
- 4-6 years of related work experience
- Worked in a Linux/Unix environment, Unix commands, some scripting
- Analyzing server side production logs
- Database experience running queries using MySQL highly desirable
- Experience communicating and working with external customers and 3rd party vendors
- Work with multi-group environment and support requests from various groups
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Self-motivated, ability to adapt, and view problems from outside perspective
- Experience working in a 24-7 Production Level environment
- Experience in Advertising domain and/or mobile industry a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
For immediate consideration, please apply online.