Developers, TV & Devices
- Product Development
- Linköping, Sweden
- Göteborg, Sweden
- Wrocław, Poland
Opera Software seeks exceptional and experienced developers to join its TV & Devices team.
Opera is the market leader in providing browsers for Smart TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, set-top boxes and game consoles. Its software is already used in tens of millions of consumer devices from leading vendors, including Sony, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba, Sharp, Vestel and Ericsson. As more and more living room devices are becoming connected, this is a fast moving, dynamic industry.
Opera's new products for TV are based on Blink/Chromium, a powerful platform with an asynchronous multi-process architecture. You will be working with an exciting and challenging code-base, modern development methods and tools.
Opera is implementing features to enable TV specific use-cases, such as HTML5-based TV apps, device UI and HbbTV. As a developer in the TV team, you will be involved in all steps of the process, from requirements analysis to debugging. You will be working with some of the best engineers in the industry, in an international environment with colleagues and customers all over the world.
- Innovate, design, implement and deliver new features and product versions.
- Participate and contribute in all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to drive feature development according to requirements.
- Self-motivated personality, structured approach, quality-driven work ethic, with ability to take initiative.
- Commitment to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Fluency in English.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Very strong C++ skills.
Ideal job requirements
- Experience with OpenGL, OpenGL/ES or DirectFB.
- Linux or Android experience.
- Experience working with embedded systems, especially in the TV space.
- Experience with web technology.
- Experience working with multi-process, high-performance applications.
For immediate consideration, please apply online.