Senior Communications Specialist
- San Mateo, USA
Opera is seeking a high-energy PR/social media expert to join our team. The ideal candidate has successfully created and implemented PR and social media strategies and campaigns for consumer tech products, corporate announcements and user experiences.
The candidate will work on spreading the word about Opera's products in the United States through a combination of public relations, social media and marketing campaigns and initiatives. The candidate will work on proactive media relations as well as respond to incoming media requests. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Opera's products and mission of bringing universal access to the web, no matter the device, network or user. They will help tell Opera's story about its products and its overall mission as a company to the U.S. market.
The candidate will report to the Head of PR, US based in Opera's offices in San Mateo, California. This position is full-time.
- Effectively articulate Opera and its subsidiaries' key messages and mission
- Develop media relations strategies with a heavy focus on consumer and local targets
- Support ongoing media relations with help from external agency, on a national and local level
- Develop strong relations with the Opera community in the U.S.
- Draft compelling pitches, articles, and other material that convey the essence of Opera's products
- Support regional and national press events
- Develop and write blog posts and social media posts
- Manage award submission and events for Opera
- 2-4 years' experience in communications and media relations, preferably in an agency setting
- Exceptional writing, editing and messaging skills
- Strong skills in collaboration, project management and planning
- Proven relationships with key media with clippings to show - with consumer media in partic
- Compelling storyteller, in touch or ahead with pop culture and the latest trends, exceptionally creative
- Depth of knowledge about social media platforms, and working knowledge of graphic and photo editing software
- Ability to work across time zones, multi-task between projects and be a team player
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field
- Passionate about Opera's higher mission to bring universal access to the web
For immediate consideration, please apply online.