Department: Product Development
The areas of blockchain technology and crypto-currency is expanding rapidly. Are you a versatile developer with interest and knowledge about blockchains? We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic developer to join our new initiatives in this area and participate in building something new and exciting for our 350 million users globally.
You will be working in very close collaboration with some of the best engineers in the industry, we offer an environment with international colleagues, customers and end users. Your mission will be to contribute to the innovation and development of the Opera products.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Autonomous working style, with ability to take the initiative to improve systems, processes and yourself
- Drive and commitment to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in modern development tools and a passion for quality
- Strong Java and/or C++ skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Understanding of different blockchain governance models and trade-offs
- Experience with defining or evaluating token economic models
- Experience developing ÐApps using the Ethereum Web3.js API
- Contribution to Open-Source projects related to this area
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create products and services which bring the whole world online.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Please attach both cover letter and resume to be considered!