Department: Product Development
If you would like to get your hands on petabytes of data, verify your skills and ideas with real life data, and seek to constantly learn, explore and experiment, then Opera Software might be the place for you! We are looking for an inquisitive, positive and energetic attitude. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
You will join us as a Data Analyst/Engineer for the Browsers Department in Opera Software to use the data we collect to improve our products. Working in a small and agile team, daily tasks can range from maintaining tables and dashboards and writing python scripts for importing data to analyzing A/B tests and building machine learning models to gain insights from our user base.
The analyst team works in close cooperation with the teams developing our browser products and handling data from more than 350 million users.
- Perform ad hoc visualizations and data exploration tasks.
- Work with product teams to develop accurate metrics measuring our products.
- Build and enhance anomaly detection tools.
- Develop and maintain systems such as dashboards and import data from external APIs.
- Identify and analyze trends both internal and external to Opera.
- Build machine learning models.
- Learn and develop your own skills.
- BSc or MSc in computer science, statistics or equivalent.
- Special care for numbers with focus on detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to continuous learning and working in a highly dynamic environment.
- Good communication skills and fluency in English.
- Experience with SQL.
- Solid understanding of Python programming.
- Experience with machine learning solutions.
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and libraries.
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create innovative products and services for user who expect more than just a regular browser, which bring the whole world online.
The Linköping office, with its 35 employees, is located in the city centre. We work closely with teams in Wroclaw (Poland), Gothenburg (Sweden), Oslo (Norway) and Beijing (China)
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Please attach both cover letter and resume to be considered!