System Administrator (Linux/AWS)
Department: Product Development
Opera Software is looking for a System Administrator to join the growing Opera Payments engineering team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The ideal candidate should be able to work together with the developers, development and operations engineers, project leads, and the security team to grow and improve our cloud infrastructure; automate and document changes resolve incidents; and provide developers with necessary cloud infrastructure, license management, and office infrastructure support.
Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
- Improve and scale infrastructure in AWS according to the needs of the project
- Resolve incidents
- Cooperate with the security team to ensure that our setup remains secure
- Provide technical support for the developers
- Integrating and migrating legacy infrastructure to the cloud
- Managing licenses, hardware inventory and local infrastructure
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in IT or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, structured, quality-driven, and able to take initiative
- Strong systems administration experience with Linux
- Deep understanding of the network stack and traffic routing
- Experience with AWS services, such as ECS, EC2, and EBS
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements
- Experience in “infrastructure-as-a-code” platforms (Terraform, etc)
- Hands-on experience with docker containers orchestration
- MongoDB administration experience
- Version control systems (GIT)