Department: Product Development
We are looking for a passionate and engaged Visual Designer with experience in web design and mobile application design to join our UX team. The team is part of the Opera Payment department in Gothenburg.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
As part of the UX team, you will design and deliver a simple and easy-to-use payment experience both on the web and the Android app. As a Visual Designer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design, and engineering teams to translate concepts into a living, breathing product. You will craft visual styles, animations, and subtle details to deliver the perfect user experience. When needed, you will support our marketing team to create design work.
If you’re looking for fast-paced, agile, and fun environment to work and have an interest in the payment industry, then Opera is the place for you!
- Deliver innovative, engaging visual design on web and mobile, including visual mockups, assets, and specifications
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Work with Product Managers and Designer Managers to develop campaign concepts for marketing promotions
- Be able to take initiative, be creative and curious, be able to conduct design review meetings, and collect feedback with other teammates
- Communicate and collaborate with other cross-functional teammates
- Assist engineers with the final development of Opera products
- B.S. degree in Design or a related field, or demonstrated design knowledge in equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in web design and mobile applications for Android
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- An understanding of user-centered design process, methodologies, and principles of usability
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Portfolio required for candidates
- Interaction design skill and user research is a plus, e.g. wireframing, information architecture, usability testing, competitor analysis, etc.
- Motion design
- Prototyping and scripting
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online.
Please attach both cover letter and CV to be considered!