Department: Product Development
Opera is one of the original browser vendors with more than 350 million people using our browsers. We have an extremely strong brand and a thriving user base, particularly on mobile platforms in emerging markets across the world.
Join an exciting new project aiming to become the leading mobile payment platform in Africa. Our team, based primarily in Gothenburg, Sweden, is built up from experienced engineers from our browser teams as well as mobile payment specialists.
We are looking for a great Go developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary focus will be on developing code that is scalable and maintainable. You will also ensure that the code has extensive test coverage.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong web development skills, including:
- Translation of VD/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for speed and scalability
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools, such as trash
- Go’s templating language
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Gin
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git