Android React Native Developer
Department: Product Development
Opera is one of the original browser vendors with more than 350 million people using our browsers. We have an extremely strong brand and a thriving user base, particularly on mobile platforms in emerging markets across the world.
Join an exciting new project aiming to become the leading mobile payment platform in Africa. Our team, based primarily in Gothenburg, Sweden, is built up from experienced engineers from our browser teams as well as mobile payment specialists.
We are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our payment app. Your primary focus will be the development of the payment app, using React Native, and the integration with our golang servers.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- An understanding of modern Android development and passion for quality
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself.
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Strong React Native and Java/Kotlin skills, including:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git