Department: Product Development
Opera is looking for an exceptional and experienced Test Engineer to join our QA team.
You will be a part of our skilled team of software testers, working closely with developers and project managers to ensure that we can release all our products with the best possible quality. We are looking for someone with passion and engagement in what you do, as well as a proper team spirit so that you fit in with Opera’s dynamic environment.
What we offer in return is one of the best, employee-focused work environments among IT companies, along with standard benefits like private health care, benefit system, in-house playrooms, annual events and parties, and extended training and self-development opportunities.
- Test the product within the test schedule and find defects early.
- Understand the release criteria and follow up with development team to ensure all defects that may affect customer are fixed before product release.
- Document defects found during testing using defect tracking tool (JIRA) with adequate steps to reproduce.
- Estimate the time required to test new functionality and to verify defects.
- Work closely with development team to understand the product and new requirements planned for the release.
- Write and execute effective test cases to evaluate the quality of the product.
- Perform regression and system testing of the product.
- Install and configure test environments .
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in developing testing specification: test plans, test scenarios and reports
- Experience in test automation tools (e.g., Selenium / WebDriver) welcomed
- Good knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience in bug-tracking tools (JIRA) and test management systems
- Should be fluent in English, both written and spoken