Video Content Editor Associate, Noida (India)
Department: Sales & Marketing
We are seeking a hard working, detail oriented and experienced Video Content Editor Associate. This position is full time and will be based in Delhi NCR, India. The ideal candidate will have a passion for news and digital video content, and a background in the digital media industry is a must.
The Video Content Editor Associate will deliver relevant, personalised news to millions of users on a daily basis, as well as helping our users discover new, engaging, relatable content. The candidate is also expected to have a wide network in the media industry, strong sense about the news, understanding and appreciation of traditional and new media journalism, have passion for apps, be a self-starter and understand what makes mass consumable video content.
Opera FeedNews offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference! This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
- Input, monitor, source and collate tens, if not hundreds, of videos on a daily basis, curating and making sure the hottest news and topics are in the CMS.
- Deal with basic tasks like collecting news sources, extracting keywords and labelling samples.
- Track, understand and categorise different news sources.
- Skill for rewriting headlines to fit house style.
- Work across Opera teams and offices to support company-wide projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning.
- Help with news copy content as and when required and other tasks related to the overall FeedNews project not specifically related to video content.
- Must be fluent in Hindi and English. Bangla and Urdu competency an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, literature or related field.
- Passion and knowledge for news and mobile apps.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in video digital media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CMS.
- Advanced video editing skills with Adobe Suite (or equivalent).
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Hindi and English.
- Data analysis skills and drive to work to KPIs and targets.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, can accept to work on night shift or weekends.
- Lives and breathes social video.