Department: Product Development
Want to work with really Big Data?
Opera’s petabyte-scale data is stored on hundreds of servers. This anonymized data helps us decide how to improve our products, for over 350 million users globally. Are you interested in joining the team that is responsible for developing, enhancing, maintaining and optimizing the platform used to make key strategic decisions about Opera products and marketing?
We are an open, collaborative, multicultural team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Build the services for gathering/analysing data from Opera’s applications
- Build automation tools
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Help to operate entire platform
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and performant code
- Experience in Linux
- Good understanding of web-server software and configuration (Apache, nginx, SSL certificate handling, etc.)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Java
- Experience with Big Data concepts and tools(Google Pub Sub / Apache Kafka / Apache Beam / Apache Spark / Map Reduce / Apache Spark)
- Experience of monitoring solutions (Nagios, Grafana, InfluxDB, Google Stackdriver)
- Experience with distributed systems and/or parallel processing