Application Security Engineer (penetration tester)
Opera seeks exceptional and experienced engineers to join our team and continue our innovation and growth in the browser market. Opera is leveraging our 20-year history as a browser vendor shaping our new desktop and mobile products developed for PC, iOS, Android and other platforms. Work with the industry's best engineers on a product that will reach hundreds of millions of users around the world. You will be a part of a group of very experienced and talented developers working in very close collaboration to help building new versions of our browser for computers.
We are looking for someone with passion and engagement in what you do, as well as a proper team spirit so that you fit in with Opera’s dynamic environment. What we offer in return is one of the best, employee-focused work environments among IT companies, along with standard benefits like private health care, benefit system, in-house playrooms, annual events and parties, and extended training and self-development opportunities.
- Conduct penetration testing of Opera products and services.
- Identify and evaluate security risks and update threat models.
- Working closely with security champions (“blue team”), perform independent reviews and verify proposed fixes.
- Cooperate with external researchers and help security champions to evaluate and confirm the findings.
- Participate in security R&D and process automation activities.
- Advise product teams on conducting source code reviews.
- Help to establish a company-wide bug bounty program.
- A proven track record of security assessments and penetration testing.
- A strong knowledge of application-secure design patterns, principles and technologies, top application-security vulnerabilities, and mitigation methods.
- A firm grasp of computer science fundamentals, including an understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- A curiosity and passion for application security.
- Publications and/or public speaking on security research.
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply online. Please attach both cover letter and CV to be considered!