OpenStack Virtualization Specialist
Opera products are used by 350 million users around the world. A private cloud of virtual machines supports our global development teams during development and in production. If you’re not looking for work where you can contribute to an open internet and work with the newest features of OpenStack in a multicultural geek environment, you should stop reading here.
We seek to hire an experienced OpenStack Virtualization Engineer for our Global IT team. As a virtualization engineer, you will set up and maintain our private clouds in multiple data centers serving hundreds of virtual machines that are used both to develop Opera products and provide production systems. You will work with your colleagues to expand the server base, improve automation and troubleshoot any issues, all while thinking about the next generations of the cloud.
We are looking for a person who takes responsibility, is self-organizing and enjoys solving challenging problems. We are an open, collaborative team and look forward to meeting candidates who can bring new ideas, skills and solutions to Opera.
- Design, plan and implement Opera’s cloud solutions.
- Work on all aspects of running Opera’s private OpenStack cloud.
- Install and manage servers, networking and storage for Opera’s cloud.
- Ensure that our cloud infrastructure meets our security, reliability and performance goals.
- Work with other teams to tune the environment to their needs where possible.
- Cooperate with the IT Commerce department to select vendors and solutions for the future of Opera’s cloud.
- Troubleshoot problems and help colleagues to master their virtualization skills.
- Create and maintain documentation, monitoring and notifications for our cloud environment.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as Computing, Mathematics or Technology
- at least 3 years’ experience in Linux Administration and Virtualization
- Deep understanding of OpenStack software
- Experience with related technologies - Storage, SAN, Networking, SDN
- Knowledge on other virtualization platform (e.g., VMWare) is a plus
- Ability to communicate well with your team colleagues and remote partners