PR and Marketing manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Opera is currently transforming from an established software company to a young, dynamic startup, focusing entirely on making the world's best browsers. Backed by new investors, the company is on a rapid growth path with big investments in R&D, products, and marketing.
Opera is looking for a unique talent to take a central role in the marketing team.
Tasks to do:
- Write inspiring copy, spreading enthusiasm for Opera browsers in social media and industry press .
- Contribute to a modern PR strategy from text to rich media and new mediums.
- Establish good relations and liaise with top international tech journalists to build trust, brand credibility and interest in Opera products.
- Manage local agencies.
- Be a public spokesperson that can represent the company.
- Monitor online reputation and manage responses, ensure accurate external communication and anticipate risks
- Create and implement integrated communication campaigns
- Write English press releases
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of marketing experience with a proven track record
- Experience in technology-based writing about and reviewing software and hardware products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong English skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to ensure brand consistency and messaging