Director of Product Management, Yield Optimization & Ad Server
Department: Product Development
AdColony’s Engineering & Product teams build and manage a high-performance mobile video ad serving platform, serving hundreds of billions of ad requests annually across thousands of apps to hundreds of millions of individual users. Our goal is to serve the right ad to the right user at the right time in order to achieve our advertisers’ and publishers’ key KPIs. To do that, we strive to constantly enrich our predictive models and improve our data collection & targeting in order to make better-informed ad serving decisions.
For this critical and highly visible role, we’re looking for a Director of Product Management who can bridge the data science world with our market and business requirements; someone who is passionate about using data to improve KPIs, has experience working with Engineering and Data Science teams in the areas of machine learning, big data mining, algorithms, modeling and/or recommender systems and has an ability to think creatively about challenging and complex problems. This person will also be responsible for owning the ad server roadmap, as the ad server and the yield optimization engine are closely linked.
This position will be based in our Kirkland/Bellevue, WA office.
The Director of Product Management role will:
- Work with a team of key business stakeholders, data scientists and data engineering professionals to develop the Yield Optimization Engine roadmap, ensuring business needs and market requirements are met
- Define and lead the overall Ad Server product vision, scope and requirements
- Communicate Product roadmaps and related Product updates to the organization, explaining complex algorithms, ad server updates and data science concepts to non-technical audiences
- Provide valuable consulting & business/market context to the data science & data engineering teams through a deep understanding of business problems
- Explore and inform the relationship/feedback loop between the ad server and the yield optimization engine
- Collaborate with analytics teams to create compelling data visualizations of Yield Optimization Engine & Ad Server decisioning.
- BS or Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or another quantitative field of study
- 5-6+ years experience working as a Product Manager or Data Scientist with specialty in big data, machine learning, predictive modeling and/or recommendation systems
- An understanding of server-side technologies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present and defend your ideas to both key business stakeholders and data scientists/data engineers
- Strong execution and the ability to drive work to completion
- Familiarity with the digital advertising industry and ecosystem, and the technical aspects of digital advertising
- Former data scientist or data engineer with Product Management experience
- Experience in data visualization tools and design