Marketing Manager, Opera TV
Department: Opera TV
Opera TV seeks a Marketing Manager to join our global Marketing team.
As more and more TVs in the living room get connected, the TV industry is bracing itself for a huge transition to a world where television is delivered over broadband, directly through TV apps. Consumer appetite for OTT services has exploded since the introduction of streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, HBO and other regional broadcaster and catch-up TV services. Furthermore, with the cost of HD video production at an all time low, the availability of quality premium content has never been higher.
Opera TV has been very efficient in addressing these market shifts and is a pioneer and market leader in enabling the TV industry's transition to OTT by creating products that help TV manufacturers and pay-TV operators launch OTT apps to their end consumers cost efficiently. The Opera TV portfolio powers rich web experiences on tens of millions of Smart TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray Disc players and chipsets for more than 60 customers. In addition, Opera TV has successfully deployed an OTT service currently live on millions of devices globally from over 15 customers, with over 1000 apps that deliver hundreds of thousands of premium videos spanning various categories from News to Sports to Fashion, served by our content partners. The recently launched Opera TV Certification Program, a first-of-its-kind program designed to solve one of the biggest challenges facing OTT app developers and OEMs by lowering the entry barrier for content owners, who can now launch Smart TV apps to millions of viewers with minimum effort.
The Marketing Manager will be an active member of our global Marketing team, with focus on supporting our operator, OEM and content partners with marketing and communication activities, in addition to growing the Opera TV user base. The role involves solving the challenge of continuously presenting attractive and relevant content to end users in our key markets to keep them engaged, as well as working closely with our distribution partners, such as OEMs and operators, to increase the discoverability and relevance of Opera TV on their platforms.
- Run marketing campaigns to onboard content owners, broadcasters and app developers to Opera TV Certification Program and TV Snap.
- Run marketing and communication activities aimed at our OEM and operators’ customers to create awareness and knowledge about the Opera TV Certification Program.
- Run live promotional campaigns aimed at end users within the product by using online channels including but not limited to social media.
- Manage the marketing relationship with our content partners by collecting creative assets, keeping them up to date on platform changes through newsletters, ensuring quality linking to their metadata and updated fresh content catalogs at all points in time.
- Curate and manage editorial content and promote global content within the Opera TV OTT platform, with a goal to increase user engagement.
- Identify and execute key tactics to achieve the KPI of increased user growth.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience focused in marketing consumer technology or growing a content ecosystem
- Experience in building and publishing creative digital media assets
- Strong enthusiasm and drive to grow a market-leading consumer product from a global internet company
- Comfortable in managing direct communication (including setting up face-to-face meetings and voice calls as needed) with device manufacturers, operators and content partners to plan and execute promotional campaigns
- Proven ability to grow a consumer product user base by working closely with product managers and engineering teams
- Working experience with utilizing tools such as Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, Google Analytics, email tools and social-media promotional tools