Senior Director, Sales
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Opera Mediaworks is the first mobile ad platform built for brands, delivering breakthrough marketing at scale. Our technology powers the biggest publishers in the world, enabling marketers to convey the highest quality ad experiences to more people in more places when it matters most. Our exclusive Instant-PlayTM HD video technology and award-winning rich media touches, engages and creates deep interaction with consumers in the most popular mobile apps and sites around the globe. We work with over 90% of the AdAge Top 100 advertisers and 18 of the top 25 global publishers. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera Software, Opera Mediaworks is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. To learn more, visit www.operamediaworks.com .
Opera Mediaworks, the world’s leading independent mobile advertising platform, is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Sales to help support and grow our Brand Sales division in Los Angeles.
The qualified candidate will have demonstrated experience in brand advertising sales and sales team management. He/she will possess a passion and deep understanding of digital advertising, mobile advertising and video strategy. The candidate is expected to convey and articulate the overall business objectives of Opera Mediaworks and our value proposition to the brand and agency advertising community.
We're looking for an energetic, fast-learning, 2and experienced, consultative seller who has a proven track record of success in proactively driving revenue and quickly increasing a client base. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in digital media sales at a top digital ad network, portal/publisher, or programmatic platform.
This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the VP of Sales, West.
- Serve as a manager/coach for 1-3 sales reps calling on brands and agencies in Opera’s West region while managing a small book of business when bandwidth permits
- Represent Opera Mediaworks with a high level of integrity and knowledge and act as a resource for our clients, agencies and team
- Build and maintain territory ad revenue and exceed goals through creative and strategic selling when possible
- Work with existing and potential clients to determine their business needs and to formulate an ad sales solution
- Develop and maintain agency trading desk relationships to support Opera’s programmatic efforts when needed
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales goals individually and for his/her direct reports
- Utilize ability to prospect for new business and accounts, securing strategic level relationships with senior client contacts within the account list or territory region
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience working in digital ad sales with exposure/experience selling digital ad networks, mobile or programmatic
- 2-5 years experience managing client and agency-facing sales professionals
- Expert knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem and a strong network in the ad community
- BA/BS required