Department: Opera Mediaworks
San Mateo, CA
Opera Mediaworks is the largest mobile advertising and marketing platform in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera ASA, Opera Mediaworks is a global organization with 24 offices worldwide.
Opera is seeking a sharp, passionate, hands-on, results-oriented individual to join our product team based in the San Mateo office. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who has the unique combination of deep understanding of customer requirements, technical depth and project execution.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent blend of technical and business skills along with a successful track record in managing large, complex projects, ideally in a fast-growth environment.
- Oversees the full project management life cycle for highly complex, large-scale, strategic product initiatives
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions to Senior Management
- Drive discussion when conflicts arise and work with the team on alternatives or different approaches. Find a way to make it happen.
- Work closely with management, developers, and project stakeholders to ensure coordination of overall software product delivery.
- Help with resource planning and allocation
- Develop project plans and analyze metrics for key projects using appropriate planning techniques that track progress of critical business objectives.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities of both business and technical plans; identify risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 of project/program management preferably in a fast-paced high-technology environment
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience and the situation