Product Marketing Manager
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Product Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
Opera Mediaworks is the largest mobile advertising and marketing platform in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera ASA, Opera Mediaworks is a global organization with 24 offices worldwide.
This is an opportunity to be an influential voice and market-maker within one of the fastest growing mobile advertising platforms in the world.
Opera Mediaworks is looking for a standout Product Marketing manager within the Product team to bridge the Product and Marketing teams. With a fully-staffed Marketing team across key functions including PR, branding, content, events and digital marketing, we’re looking for a key player within Product to inform and communicate key launches & features to better arm our Marketing, Sales and Publishing teams.
With our biggest years of product launches and innovation ahead of us, we’re looking for the right person to empower our overall messaging and strategy in the mobile advertising market.
Product Marketing lives within the Product team at Opera Mediaworks and is the key communication channel to Marketing and commercial facing teams across Sales and Publishing. This is a new role within the company.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for keeping Marketing, Sales, and Publishing informed and up to date about major product updates and releases.
Internally, you will help create and communicate:
- Go-To-Market strategy and plans. Craft detailed launch plans including messaging, pitch, packaging, pricing. Collaborate with corporate marketing on launching to press, analysts, customers, prospects
- The stories of our products to each Commercial Team’s specific customers. Some products may have different marketable features and benefits for different customers.
- Positioning in the marketplace - How do our products specifically match up against our competitors’? How can we emphasize our unique advantages?
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis. Stay on top of ad tech, media, and general technology trends; translate them into POVs, share with product and business teams, devise ways to assimilate trends internally.
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identify, prioritize and launch product modifications/ enhancements to improve customer satisfaction, revenue and retention.
Externally, you will be highly influential in informing:
- The Marketing team’s creation of brand- and developer-facing materials such as how-to videos, one sheets, and other product-focused materials the Marketing team creates.
- External communications (led by the Marketing team) for conferences, workshops, press, blog, website, social, etc.
- Messaging around industry news and developments as they pertain to Opera Mediaworks (how can we be thought leaders and stay ahead of trends)
We’re looking to you to inform product marketing strategy and help us bring our groundbreaking innovation to market on time and with the most compelling features and unique selling points clearly communicated in order to break through in a noisy industry.
- 4-6 years marketing experience, primarily in product marketing and ideally within the mobile/online advertising technology industry (network, exchange, large publisher)
- Graduate degree in software engineering, business, or other related field is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in both product and solutions marketing.
- Strong understanding of technology, product development and innovation