Vice President, Sales, UK
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Vice President, Sales, UK
Location: London, UK
Opera Mediaworks is one of the largest mobile advertising and marketing platforms in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera ASA, Opera Mediaworks is a global organization with over 20 offices worldwide.
Opera Mediaworks, the world’s leading independent mobile advertising platform, is looking for an experienced Vice President of Sales to support and grow our Brand Advertising division in EMEA.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in brand advertising sales and sales team management. The VP will possess a passion and deep understanding of digital advertising, mobile advertising and video advertising strategy. This candidate is expected to convey and articulate the overall business objectives of Opera Mediaworks and our value proposition to the brand and agency advertising community.
Ideal candidates will be energetic, fast learners, and experienced consultative sellers who have a proven track record of success in proactively driving revenue and quickly increasing a client base. Finally, those with a background in digital media sales at a top digital ad network, portal/publisher, or programmatic platform are strongly preferred.
This position is based in London, UK and reports to GM EMEA,
- Represent Opera Mediaworks with a high level of integrity and knowledge serving as a resource for your brand clients and agencies
- Develop and maintain agency trading desk relationships to support Opera’s programmatic efforts when needed
- Build and maintain advertising revenue throughout the UK, exceeding goals through creative and strategic selling
- Lead and manage a tenured sales office of client and agency facing sales professionals
- Work with existing and potential clients to determine their business needs and formulate an ad sales solution
- Prospect for new business and accounts with a focus on initiating and developing relationships with key clients and securing strategic relationships with senior client contacts within the account list or territory region
- Track and manage advertiser pipeline to inform and exceed quarterly and annual business goals
- 8+ years of experience working in a digital or mobile ad sales role; digital ad network, mobile and/or programmatic experience is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing client and agency facing sales professionals
- BA/BS or equivalent education preferred
- Expert-level knowledge of the digital/mobile advertising ecosystem
- Strong network and contact list throughout the UK advertising community particularly with brands, agencies and trading desks
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadline including the ability to manage stress and to juggle multiple account challenges at once
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently with internal teams and with current and potential clients
- Strong desire to win and passion for continual professional development of self and others