Server-side Java developer
Department: Product Development
Passionate about content solutions and discovery features? Want to be part of a team that decides what content our users consume every day?
You may be just the person we need.
Our product development team in Wroclaw is seeking Java developers to join our News Recommendation team help us continue our innovation and growth in the browser market. This position will help bring relevant content to various markets and enable millions of our users to turn internet browsing into a unique experience.
This position is also excellent for those with few years of experience who want to learn more, develop their skills and grow.
While staying humble and with an eye on innovation, our product development teams at Opera have leveraged an almost 20-year history as a browser shaping our new desktop and mobile products developed for PC, iOS, Android and other platforms. We believe we can make a difference and aspire to that notion every day.
Curious to know more? Apply with us today.
- Take initiative and ensure a timely delivery.
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions.
- Participate in and contribute to all parts of the development.
- Adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Prioritize what is relevant and important.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and performant code
- Knowledge of additional scripting language like Python
- Experience in Linux
- Good understanding of web protocols like HTTP or TCP/IP
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with distributed computing and parallel processing
- Experience with other automation tools, e.g., Puppet