DevOps Engineer, News Recommendation Server
Department: Product Development
Passionate about content solutions and discovery features? Want to be part of a team that decides what content our users consume every day?
You might be just the person we need.
Our product development team in Wroclaw is seeking Java developers to join our News Recommendation team help us continue our innovation and growth in the browser market. This position will help bring relevant content to various markets and enable millions of our users to turn internet browsing into a unique experience.
While staying humble and with an eye on innovation, our product development teams at Opera have leveraged an almost 20-year history as a browser shaping our new desktop and mobile products developed for PC, iOS, Android and other platforms. We believe we can make a difference and aspire to that notion every day.
Curious to learn more? Apply with us today.
- Take initiative and ensure high uptime of our server applications
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions.
- Participate in and contribute to all parts of the development.
- Monitor service and react to problems.
- Prioritize what is relevant and important.
- Automate all the repetitive work.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Java and Python
- Good understanding of web protocols like HTTP or TCP/IP
- Knowledge of automation tools and framework
- Experience with running highly available systems
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Graphite/Graphana or other metric systems
- Experience with Docker