Talent Acquisition Specialist
Department: Opera Mediaworks
We are proud of our industry-leading mobile marketing solutions, and we're even more proud of the people behind it… Perhaps that's where YOU come in!
Our work environment is very fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We have an open and collaborative environment with high-integrity values. As a result, we draw best-of-breed talent and continue to develop the industry’s most impressive team.
Our culture is unique and we work hard to cultivate happiness in our employees. Our company is growing rapidly and it is vital that this culture continues to thrive. We know that satisfied employees are productive employees. We are passionate about investing in them both professionally and personally, but we need your help.
We are looking for a Los Angeles, CA-based Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing Opera Mediaworks team. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for delivering the best and brightest talent to Opera’s eight US offices specializing in the engineering, product, and creative domains. Start-up energy for a passionate team environment is required.
The primary goals of this position are: identifying, engaging and securing candidates for Opera’s US-based openings, acting as an ambassador for the company and evangelizing the Opera Mediaworks brand via social media, networking events and industry conferences. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a key role in driving recruiting initiatives, projects and processes including ATS implementation, university recruiting, diversity programs and much more.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a member of the global HR team, report to the Talent Acquisition Manager in San Mateo, CA and will work closely to support the greater HR function and other functional leaders.
We hope you have a good appetite because your plate will always be full! On any given day, you will be asked to:
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting workflow: sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, coordinating feedback, negotiating offers, and completing reference checks
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their needs and to identify the right talent, while cultivating a relationship of trust and respect
- Execute creative sourcing strategies and employer branding techniques to locate and attract candidates of all levels
- Spearhead new talent acquisition initiatives that increase the efficiency and scale of the recruiting organization
- Participate in and/or lead Opera Mediaworks’ university recruiting efforts be forging partnerships with colleges in strategic areas and disciplines
- Represent Opera Mediaworks at industry conferences, networking events, hackathons and through social media i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- 2-4 years of proven in-house, full-cycle recruiting of technical candidates, 1 year of agency experience preferred
- Successful track record of sourcing technical and non-technical candidates within the Bay Area, and other markets like Dallas, Seattle, New York and Chicago
- Previous experience in negotiating offers letters including benefits, compensation, notice periods, etc.
- High sense of urgency and passion for delivering results
- Flexibility to travel to various offices within the United States