Creative Services Manager, East Coast
Department: Opera Mediaworks
The Creative Services Manager will play an essential role in ensuring the success of the East Coast creative team. Responsibilities will be to lead a team of designers, developing creative guidelines, attend client meetings, and directing creative work, including mobile rich media advertising, mobile video advertising as well as many related tasks. This position will liaise between all teams ensuring creative briefs are properly filled out, materials/assets are provided and foster communication throughout the process. Ensure client as well as internal objectives are being met. Monitor day-to-day project activities and resourcing for the creative team, lead appropriate project meetings, and keeping status reports up with creative leadership.
- Manage resourcing based on input from Basecamp, Toggl, or other project management tools
- Recommend process improvements for resources and identifying best practices to be rolled out across teams.
- Interface with cross-functional partners – third party partners and various departments within Opera Mediaworks
- Help to prepare materials for creative presentations.
- Work with the teams to monitor project timelines and scheduling.
- Manage freelance and contract worker relationships.
- Stay up-to-date on design trends and technology
- Can transform high-level client needs into engaging creative
- Be able to communicate strong visual narratives
- Problem solve autonomously and escalate when necessary
- Guarantee excellent client service from all members of the team to maximize repeat business
- Intimate understanding of capacity, internal resources as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities and problem solve
- Superior Initiative, diplomacy, time management, and team collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a mobile environment
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite tools & Video a plus
- An intimate understanding of design, copy and mobile best practices/guidelines
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to manage, develop and retain talent
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of mobile advertising and multichannel marketing concepts
- Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike
- Strong persuasive skills
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
- 5+ years experience in Ad/Design Agency or in-house creative departments
- Experience in rich media mobile advertising
- Knowledge of Celtra, JustAd, and AdTile
- 4 Year degree—BA/BFA or equivalent
- Experience with video production
- Lover of all things mobile
- Understanding of the limitations and abilities of HTML5/CSS3/JS