Advertising Operations Manager
Department: Opera Mediaworks
Opera Mediaworks is one of the largest mobile advertising and marketing platforms in the world, reaching an audience of 1.2 billion consumers globally. We help clients deliver innovative brand experiences that evoke emotion and deliver real outcomes fueled by data, technology and creativity. Trusted by Fortune 500 brands and more than 85% of the world’s top grossing mobile publishers, we are an essential advertising and monetization platform to drive meaningful results on mobile. Known for our exclusive Instant-Play™ HD video technology, our global performance advertising business and our extensive ad SDK footprint in the Top 1000 apps worldwide, we are passionate about helping brands connect with consumers at scale on the most important screen in their lives. A fully-owned subsidiary of Opera ASA, Opera Mediaworks is a global organization with over 20 offices worldwide.
Opera Mediaworks, the highest quality mobile advertising platform in the world, is looking for a seasoned Advertising Operations Manager to join our New York team. This position is based in our midtown Manhattan office (across from Madison Park) and will report to our Associate Director of Advertising Operations who is also based in New York.
The Advertising Operations Manager will be an integral member of our operations team, partnering with various cross-functional teams (i.e. account management, sales, finance, etc.) to deliver various display and video campaigns sold in the East and Midwest. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, data-driven and able to identify process deficiencies, making recommendations for a more streamlined or effective process.
Responsibilities include revenue yield management and monitoring campaign pacing and performance. This may include: Ad trafficking, reporting, project management, inventory management, ad creative QA for both in-app executions and mobile web, campaign optimizations, driving renewal business, billing reconciliation, and working with Account Management Directors on streamlining communication and processes.
- Ensure all booked revenue is recognized while campaign objectives are consistently exceeded
- Assist in managing and executing monthly billing as well as client reporting
- Facilitate communication between Ad Operations, Account Management, creative services, finance, and ad sales
- Interpret, analyze and make recommendations against advertising metrics. (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPD)
- Manage revenue margins across campaigns
- Ensure ongoing campaign success through regular performance analysis and optimization.
- Implement and manage advertising campaigns using a 3rd party ad server and internal tools.
- Work with teams to identify and design new tools and systems to improve efficiency
The skill set of the ideal candidate will include: a team player attitude, great time management, ability to negotiate and work with sales, Account Management, and Finance. The candidate must have a keen attention to detail, ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment, and be an Excel guru. This role will also be responsible for managing inventory, and working with the supply side of Opera Mediaworks to ensure campaign success.
- Ad Network experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience analyzing online campaign data activity
- Experience with an online ad serving systems such as Atlas, DART, or priority ad servers
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in online media, preferably with mobile experience.