Department: Opera TV
Every year tens of millions of Smart-TVs are sold. Many of those have Opera TV technology on board. Would you like to help a team of skilled professionals to deliver software that makes watching TV more exciting, and allows people to turn their TVs into real center of home entertainment? Are you not afraid of thousands of packets running across Linux-powered servers and enabling bleeding edge technologies like 4K HD TV, HBBTV or IP TV right onto screens all around the world? Does a bug in a server look for you rather like a challenge? Then, you’d probably fit right in with our team!
We seek a Systems Administrator with networking skills for our Opera TV team. As System Administrator, you will help procure servers, set them up and finally troubleshoot once development teams will make them white-hot. Working on the edge of Linux servers and challenging networking environment (including aspects like security, IPSec tunnels or high availability), you will be the person who make things happen.
- Consult specification, install and configure Opera TV Servers
- Integrate bare-metal and cloud (private and public) systems to work together
- Troubleshoot hardware, Linux and services configuration problems
- Prepare documentation and help your colleagues to fully utilize systems
- Design, build or re-configure network solutions that would fit to systems requirements
What you bring:
- Strong knowledge of Linux (prefered Debian)
- Strong knowledge of Networks (IPv4, IPv6, VLANs, routing and firewalling)
- Knowledge about server technologies including remote management and automation
- Knowledge on heterogeneous environment made of bare metal, public and private cloud
- Knowledge of Juniper or Cisco hardware and corresponding operating systems for networking devices is a big plus
- Good working knowledge of English, written and spoken
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python preferred)
- 2 years of experience from a similar environment
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a group of experienced and talented engineers in an international organization
- Super friendly and well equipped work place
- Flexible working environment to keep you inspired, productive and able to enjoy your time at work
- Participation in creating and shaping a superior product used by millions of people worldwide
- Support with training and expanding your skills, the web is a fast moving world and staying nimble is essential. Your growth is our growth!
- Oh, and also: a good salary