Do you have an eye for news? Want to be in charge of choosing which content our users consume every day?
Opera seeks clever, creative Content Editors to join our team.
This position is directed towards different locations and we are looking to hire one person for each of these markets.
We expect you to have excellent knowledge, experience and fluent language skills for one of the following counties:
The successful candidates, however, will be working from one of the Opera office locations in USA, Russia, Brazil or China.
We are looking for aspiring editors with an interest in breaking news and trending topics, to work on our news products.
Our aim is to deliver relevant, personalized news, as well as helping our users discover new content.
You will play a key role in making sure our news products “speak” to the users, by also giving input to the product team.
Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference!
This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
· Track, understand and categorize different news sources.
· Manually review the articles from the sources and results after categorization. Deliver the results to NLP engineers for machine learning.
· Curate news to improve article engagement.
· Rearrange the hottest news and topics into our CMS.
· Push breaking news and trending topics in Opera’s news products.
· Provide useful feedback to our product team to help develop the products.
· Bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism or similar
· Keen interest in the web and mobile apps
· Relevant work experience
· Strong teamwork and communications skills
· Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn quickly and retain information
· Fluency in local language and English, written and spoken
· Knowledge of local news industry
· A passion for news
· Data analysis skills
· Knowledge of Opera’s products
· Experience with news editing
Please note the market you are applying for in your application or CV.