Senior Editorial Lead
Opera seeks to hire several talented, flexible Editorial Leads to run our fast-paced Content Operations team.
This position is directed towards different locations and we are looking to hire one person for each of these markets.
We expect you to have excellent knowledge, experience and fluent language skills for one of the following counties:
The successful candidates, however, will be working from one of the Opera office locations in USA, India, China or Russia.
The people we are looking for also must have excellent communication skills and an eye for news.
Our aim is to deliver relevant, personalized news, as well as helping our users discover new content.
You will play a key role in making sure our news products “speak” to the users, with direct input into product strings.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of editorial operations.
Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference! This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
· Organize and coordinate editorial operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
· Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback.
· Manage schedules and deadlines.
· Review and edit content.
· Provide key learnings from the market you represent to global editorial team.
· Provide useful feedback to product team to help develop the products.
· Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations in your location.
· Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business or similar
· 5-10+ years of relevant work experience in the field
· Organizational and leadership skills/experience
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and story research skills.
· Understanding of the local media industry
· Keen interest in the web and mobile apps
· Have to be able to travel to other operating markets within the company
· Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn quickly and retain information
· Self-driven individual who proactively identifies opportunities and makes things happen
· Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal-relationship skills
· Quick learner in understanding the ongoing impact of technology on mobile media
· Fluency in English, written and spoken
· Fluency in local language within the market of responsibility
· Strong relationships with news aggregators within the local media industry
· Demonstrated success working with content creators
· Knowledge of Opera's products
Please note the market you are applying for in your application or CV.