Systems & Support Engineer
Skyfire, an Opera Software company, is dedicated to leveraging the power of cloud computing to radically improve the mobile Internet experience for both operators and their consumers.
Skyfire’s innovative, next-generation carrier cloud approach to mobile video and data optimization provides wireless operators with huge cost savings, elastic capacity, and the ability to surgically enhance quality of experience on a per-stream level. The company has also introduced the first mobile browser extension platform to enable robust contextual & social browsing, as well as enhanced monetization opportunities for operators.
The company currently counts 3 of the largest mobile operators in the world as customers for its Rocket Optimizer™ and Skyfire Horizon™ solutions. Skyfire has honed its video & data optimization and mobile monetization capabilities through a variety of top-selling consumer applications, which have more than 20 million worldwide downloads to date.
Skyfire was founded in 2007, and in located in Mountain View, CA, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Skyfire is looking for an experienced Systems & Support Engineer to deploy, manage and support our Rocket platform from trial through production for customers in and around Asia.
- Install and configure Linux systems infrastructure for new deployments
- Develop automated solutions for common tasks and system provisioning
- Establish and create processes and best practices
- Cover on-call in shared rotation for customer support
- Recreate and trouble-shoot complex problems and issues, identify root cause of issues, propose and perform remediation
- Work with engineering resources to see full resolution of customer impacting issues
- Provide direct customer support on escalated issues, track the progress and drive through customer satisfaction
- Contribute input to Engineering, Operations and Product Management on development, deployment, and support of the product
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with other technical teams on solving large infrastructure architecture, scaling, performance and capacity planning issues
- Proficiency in management and monitor tools such as Kickstart, Cfengine, Puppet, Chef with integration into version control systems such as SVN, CVS, etc.
- Ability to analyze needed information and then gather the technical details
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and network protocols, load balancing (f5), and network architecture concepts
- Extensive use of Wireshark, Tcpdump and other network analysis tools
- Scripting background in one of the following: shell, perl, Python
- An expert level understanding of distributed computing concepts in an N-Tier application environment
- Knowledge of network management and SNMP
- More than five years of experience with a 24x7, customer facing Internet application product
- Deep familiarity with Linux (Redhat, CentOS) and virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, Openstack).
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with large scale (100+ servers) deployments
- Network device configuration experience (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, F5)
- Carrier environments
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note to recruiters and recruitment agencies
Skyfire does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Skyfire will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that does not have a signed Skyfire Contingency Search Fee Agreement prior to the date of such submission. Skyfire shall not be liable for any payments to agencies for unsolicited submissions and the submitter should have no expectation of payment of any kind from Skyfire.