Data Scientist - Machine Learning
Supervised and unsupervised learning, ensemble learning, regression, regularization, Artificial neural network, deep structured network, restricted and unrestricted Boltzmann machine, Stochastic Process, GMM, HMM, SSM, sequential MC, CRF, Rao-Blackwellised particle filter, expectation propagation, LDA, Dirichlet process, filtering and smoothing… If these terms are music to your ears, read on!
Your mission is to design algorithms to help improve efficiency and relevancy on mobile advertising for our hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
If you have deep understanding of statistics and machine learning algorithms, and you love to use your knowledge to solve real world problems, we want to talk to you.
This position will be located at our office in Kirkland, Washington.
- Design algorithms for predictive modeling and clustering.
- Data-analytic responsibilities include pattern discovery, outlier detection, sample design, identification of appropriate analytic and statistical methodology, model development and documentation of process and results.
- Develop working prototypes of algorithms.
- Evaluate the performance of various algorithms/models/strategies based on the real world data sets.
- Oversee the process of implementing algorithms and models in production.
- Learn and apply new algorithms and models in this exciting field.
- Masters degree in applied math, statistics, machine learning or computer science. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Passion for solving challenging analytical problems.
- Solid understanding of probability and statistics theories and machine learning algorithms. Optimization theory is preferred but not required.
- Hands on experience in applying machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Ability to quickly assess a problem both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Ability to work productively with team members, identify and resolve tough issues in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Python, R or Matlab.
- 2-3 years of professional experience is preferred.
- Experience with large data set processing is preferred.