C++ Developer, Desktop
Department: Product Development
Opera seeks exceptional and experienced developers to join our Desktop team and continue our innovation and growth in the browser market. Opera is leveraging our 20-year history as a browser vendor shaping our new desktop and mobile products developed for PC, iOS, Android and other platforms. Work with the industry's best engineers on a product that will reach hundreds of millions of users around the world. You will be a part of a group of very experienced and talented developers working in very close collaboration to help building new versions of our browser for computers.
We are looking for someone with passion and engagement in what you do, as well as a proper team spirit so that you fit in with Opera’s dynamic environment.
What we offer in return is one of the best, employee-focused work environments among IT companies, along with standard benefits like private health care, benefit system, in-house playrooms, annual events and parties, and extended training and self-development opportunities.
- Take initiative and ensure timely deliveries.
- Create features for a mass-market consumer product.
- Deliver functionality that fulfills high-level requirements.
- Adapt to and learn new technologies.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Very strong C++ skills
- Ability to write well structured and maintainable code
- Experience with development on one or more of the following platforms: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Ability to prioritize what is relevant and important
- Experience with version control systems preferred
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment