Department: Product Development
UX/ UI DESIGNER WANTED!
Opera is looking for an open-minded UI designer to help design and deliver our next generation of desktop products. As a member of our team, you will develop user interfaces and transform them into tangible user experiences, iterating on interactions, animations and subtle details to deliver the perfect user experience. You will work independently on many projects, but also will incorporate feedback from team members across the organization.
As a UI designer, you will work closely with other members of our product, UX, and engineering teams to translate concepts into a living browser that will be used by millions of users. You will work closely with your fellow UX designers to provide wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes.
We are looking for someone with passion and engagement in everything you do, as well as a proper team spirit so that you fit in with Opera’s dynamic environment. What we offer in return is one of the best, employee-focused work environments among IT companies, along with standard benefits like private health care, benefit system, in-house playrooms, annual events and parties and extended training and self-development opportunities.
If you’re looking for a fun place to work and have an interest in UX, then Opera is the place for you!
- Deliver innovative, engaging designs and mockups.
- Advise, collaborate with UX team and synthesize feedback from the product team, UX researchers and engineering.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Assist engineers with final development of Opera products.
- 3+ years of experience in designing applications/ interfaces
- B.S. degree in Design, a related field or demonstrated design knowledge from equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in graphic design software of choice (Adobe CS, Sketch, etc.)
- An understanding of desktop products, user-centered design and principles of usability (extra points for a big passion for UX)
- Deep understanding of design trends
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Motion-graphics experience
- Love for micro-interactions
How to apply:
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your application online (in English), including your portfolio.